Top Family-Friendly Sites was created many years ago with the intent to support the online web safety of family members using the Internet. For many years, we offered websites a designation that would be easily recognized by other Internet users. If you are a website owner, or are promoting your business on the Internet and you would like to have our endorsement, please contact us.
What is a Family-Friendly Site?
At a site displaying the Family-Friendly Sites Emblem, families can expect to find content and links that are supportive of family-friendly values and healthy for children and others to visit and view. They promote physical, mental, and emotional development in a healthy way.
Our definition of family-friendly sites:
- Does not contain adult-themed or sexually-explicit text, images, or photos or videos
- No advertising for alcohol, tobacco, or pornography
- Does not promote illegal substances or activities
- On website posts, the site enforces rules prohibiting
- Sexually explicit language and Profanity
- Links only to other sites that are family-friendly
- Agrees to remove its family-friendly designation, if the site no longer meet these criteria